Back1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
November 20, 2019  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: INSPIRATION Footballers & all sport players
Created On: 05/25/2007 05:00 PM

05/31/2007 07:33 PM

Author Icon
Koebe

come on peeps lets give hope to all who have been under the knife and are looking for inspiration for a return to fully active.competitive sport.

post your ACL sporting success / recovery links stories

THXS
 05/29/2007 03:49 PM

Author Icon
ripknee

Well as you all know the story by now, tore ACL/meniscus last May 26th (Oregon Soccer Classic 2006). Surgery on July 21st. First scrimmage match at 6 month post op on January 21st and took revenge at this years Oregon Classic 2007 playing 3 games on Saturday and 2 games Sunday, (albeit 50 mintue games). Iced the knee cryocuff style with a 6-pack of ESB Saturday night and played in the 0945 game Sunday morning without any problems. By far my best performance on the pitch since the injury last year. I finally feel back mentally and physically. Getting through game 5 on sunday was the milestone as that is the game the ACL blew out last year. Not much pain, just a pop-pop-pop.
 05/25/2007 09:02 PM

Author Icon
aclmom

Thanks for the encouragement!! If anyone else has stories like this please submit!! I need encouragement that a return to competitive sports is possible (for my daughter).
 05/25/2007 05:36 PM

Author Icon
MarcoMC

Thnx for the links. I still dont understand why some people face such excruciating pain when they tear their ACL's and some none at all. When I ruptured mine I didn't feel any physical pain but I was devasted mentally because I knew it was over for me. Maybe it all depends on the time and place of the injury certainly most athletes have a higher pain threshold than average joes (such as me) .
 05/25/2007 05:00 PM

Author Icon
Koebe

http://football.guardian.co.uk...ory/0,,1802681,00.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/...onal+return/article.do

http://www.thefa.com/WorldCup2...6/06/WorldCup_Owen.htm

Michael Owen England international ACL Damage @ FIFA world cup 2006

He is in the B team tonites friendly against Albania GMT

looks good 2 me!!
Been watching some of the game in HD on SKY Tv

I did mine around a week before relived it when owen crawled off the pitch.
I waited till December to get My Op as I am not a millionaire like Owen

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.