< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Back pain from diabetes?
Created On: 02/06/2014 04:37 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/20/2015 05:19 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

Its really a very serious issue, I think first of all you should visit the physician who is treating the diabetes of your grandfather and ask for the solution of the back pain because he knows better the condition of your grandfather so he can suggest something reliable for his health.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/06/2014 04:37 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

My grandfather has type 2 diabetes. He was diagnosed a few years back and has been careful about keeping his blood sugar within healty levels since his diagnosis. Last summer, he started having really bad back pain near the base of his spine. They thought that there was a pinched nerve or a herniated disc, but during months of tests and treatment, the problem only got worse. About two months ago he collapsed and was taken to the hospital. After a few days of observation and tests, they said that the problem was actually diabetic nerve damage. I'm a little confused because all of the research I've done seems to show that diabetic nerve damage is slow, and this has been a sudden decline. Last year, he was extremely healthy, playing golf, walking everywhere. Now he's using a walker, has little feeling in his legs, particuarly his right foot, and continued issues with his back. Does this sound like anyone else's experience?

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.