Topic Title: Back Pain Relief
Created On: 08/20/2009 08:02 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/15/2015 03:00 PM

Author Icon
healthcare

10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home

Stretch. Don't sit slumped in your desk chair all day. Get up every 20 minutes or so and stretch the other way.

Think ergonomically. Design your workspace so you don't have to hunch forward to see your computer monitor or reach way out for your mouse.

Watch your posture. Slumping makes it harder for your back to support your weight. Be especially careful of your posture when lifting heavy objects. Never bend over from the waist. Instead, bend and straighten from the knees.

Wear low heels. Exchange your four-inch pumps for flats or low heels (less than 1 inch). High heels may create a more unstable posture, and increase pressure on your lower spine.

Kick the habit. Smoking can increase your risk for osteoporosis of the spine and other bone problems. Osteoporosis can in turn lead to compression fracturesof the spine. 

Watch your weight. Use diet and exercise to keep your weight within a healthy range for your height. 

Try an over-the-counter pain reliever. Anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin), and naproxen sodium (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprosyn) can help reduce back pain. 

Chill it. Ice is best in the first 24 to 48 hours after an injury because it reduces inflammation.

Keep moving. "Our spines are like the rest of our body -- they're meant to move," says Reicherter. Keep doing your daily activities. Make the beds, go to work, walk the dog.

Stay strong. Once your low back pain has receded, you can help avert future episodes of back pain by working the muscles that support your lower back, including the back extensor muscles,they help you maintain the proper posture and alignment of your spine.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/23/2015 01:52 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

Although exercise is the perfect solution for the back pain treatment but you should not take this issue minor and must go to consult your orthopedic surgeon for the immediate back pain treatment

10/15/2009 04:30 AM

Author Icon
atta

hi the back pain really make the person immobilize in all manner. the exercise is the only way which give long lasting back pain relief.
 08/20/2009 08:02 AM

Author Icon
nancy.moore16

Pain is something that everybody has in their body and experience that quite often on different occasions due to so many different reasons like work pressure, mental stress and illness, marital difficulties and personal problems i was one of them to experience a pain in my back both lower and upper back which was mainly because of my work and it was so bad that it was affecting my mind and my family life as well, my behaviour was totally being impatient until i was adviced by one of my colleague to take it this way and it did work for me and it took me so easy and today i am so different than before Back Pain Relief

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.