< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Tony Benshoof - Olympian w/ herniated disks
Created On: 02/12/2010 12:33 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/14/2010 11:56 AM

Author Icon
mstraub

Wow! He is incredibly determined to still push himself to compete in the Olympics with that kind of injury! I'm not sure I would be willing to do the same if I were in his situation, since I would be afraid of either suffering from a fourth herniated disk or making one or more of the three I already had worse. To learn a little bit more about herniated disks and understand what they are, you can visit our herniated disks conditions site located in the education center here.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/12/2010 12:33 PM

Author Icon
avigneau1

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/02/04/sports/AP-OLY-LUG-Benshoofs-Back.html?scp=2&sq=herniated%20disk&st=cse

Talk about playing through the pain. This guy is competing in Vancouver with THREE herniated disks in his lower back! I don't know anything about what a herniated disk, but that already sounds excruciatingly painful. He's a veteran of luge and will be battling to bring home a medal for team USA. For those who do not know, luge is basically riding a fancy sled on your back and hurtling down a giant ice track at really high speeds. Well, there's a lot more to it, but that's the basic gist of it. This just gives me another reason to love the Olympics. Hopefully, this guy does really well.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.