01/13/2004 10:00 PM

Author Icon
morganna1

hello
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 11/20/2003 04:14 PM

Author Icon
reggie

You say you had the Synvisc injections about three years ago. Discounting the difficulties after your third injection, what results were achieved? Was there significant pain loss and if so, how long did it last? Did you subsequently have surgery?
 11/05/2003 11:32 AM

Author Icon
kryckert1

I had the injections done on my shoulder, I wanted to try everything, before I had it replaced. I went in for the injections for 3 Mondays in a row, and had major problems on the last week. I had a reaction to the medication, my arm swelled up so big I couldn't move it, not to mention the extreme pain it caused. I had to go back to my doctor that Friday, and he injected another medication to counter-act the synvisc. It was not a pleasant experience for me and the hassle I had with my insurance wasn't worth it either. I had it done about 3 years ago, so it was still fairly new to my insurance company. I had to fork out $800 for the injections, after fighting with my insurance for 3 months, they reimbursed me. But, that is just my story, and everyone reacts differently. I would not recommend it for the shoulder.

-------------------------
Kirsten
 09/13/2003 06:11 PM

Author Icon
dougf

Some doctors are now successful in improving arthritic hips with injections of synvisc. Has anyone tried this and what are your reactions?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.