< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Scoliosis: What You Need To Know
Created On: 07/22/2006 11:50 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/09/2015 04:42 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

Ohh so soorry to hear all this!!! If you are suffering from such a horrible situation, I personally recommend you to change your orthopedic surgeon because he will surely suggest you the soltuion how to come out from such a miserable life!!!

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/22/2006 11:50 PM

Author Icon
joe1951

I am a 50 yr old female who was diagnosed with double scoliosis at the ripe age of 14! Through two years of a Milwaukee brace and two more years of body casts, my back was not getting any better. I doctor did a spinal fusion using chips of bone he took from my hip. I had to lay in a neck to knee body cast for seven months for the body to fuse. After having two children and working all of my life, I have now come to the point in my life where I am in moderatly severe pain. I am only good for about two to three hours of work a day and thats it. Any more than that, and I am paying the price for days afterwards. I am wanting to apply for disability and my family doctor has told me I will not be a candidate because I can walk. Anybody out there gone through anything similar? I would appreciate any input on the subject as I have been told it will take about two years to get to court on this.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Back News
Feature Story
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Diagnostics
Mary-Schatz-MD  Back
 Hero™

Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D.:
Healing Back Pain with Yoga.
About Heroes
 Community
Back1 Forums
Patient Stories
 Reference
Anatomy
Online Resources
Video Library
advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.