Orthopedic Causes & Treatment for Back Pain
Back pain, and specifically lower back pain, is one of the most common orthopedic complaints treated by physicians and is the second most common cause of absence for age 45-and-under employees. (The most frequent cause is the common cold.)
Back pain sufferers spend more than $80 million annually in treating this orthopedic problem. Lower back pain can be caused by orthopedic sprains, strains or injury of lower back muscles and ligaments. Back pain can also be caused by orthopedic conditions including:
- Osteoporosis-weakening bones caused by re-absorption of bone tissue or lower production of new bone tissue, most often seen in postmenopausal women
- Herniated or Slipped Disc-cracks that occur in aging disks causing nucleus material to squeeze into the spinal canal, sometimes pressing a nerve
- Segmental instability-a shift of a vertebra onto another vertebra causing nerve irritation or pinching
- Arthritis-joint inflammation caused by injury, infection or aging
- Bone spurs-bony protuberances formed on disks during orthopedic degeneration processes
- Muscle spasms-uncontrollable tightening of muscles reacting to painful spinal movement
- Scoliosis-spinal deformities causing side-to-side curving
- Poor posture-strained muscles from sitting, standing and walking with the spine out of alignment
- Lifting injury-muscle strain caused by twisting and bending simultaneously
- Aging-repetitive back stress causes gradual orthopedic degeneration of the spinal column
- Smoking-exacerbates the orthopedic aging process
- Lack of exercise-weak and inflexible muscles leading to skeletal imbalance and orthopedic back pain
- Obesity-weak abdominal muscles, which support the spine, can strain the back muscles and ligaments
- Pregnancy-places special stress on all orthopedic components, including the spinal structure and soft back tissue
Other medical conditions such as aortic aneurysm, kidney disease, ovarian and uterine cancer and stomach ulcers can manifest the orthopedic symptoms of back pain.
Orthopedic Treatment and Prevention.
Although orthopedic surgery may be recommended to alleviate back pain, most orthopedic patients prefer to try more conservative orthopedic treatment plans that combine common sense methods, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Regular exercise
- Healthy Nutrition
- Specially constructed orthopedic back support products
Looking for affordable orthopedic joint surgery & medical treatment?
Best Orthopaedic Surgery & Treatment for Total Knee Replacement and total Hip Replacement Surgery by Specialist in Replacement Surgeries. Visit Aurangabad in India, a popular destination for Medical Tourism that is growing in popularity for Total Knee Replacement & Total Hip Replacement. Inclusive of imported material the cost of surgery is less than 1/10th that of in the US.
If you know someone who is considering orthopedic joint surgery & medical treatment, please guide them to our Page Ask The Expert Orthopedic Surgeon on www.3.ly/amti. They might have some doubts or queries and an experts opinion could be helpful. Or Visit http://kneeortho.org/Index.htm to know more.
Ask The Expert Orthopedic Surgeon - A Free Service Available To Everyone
On "Ask The Expert", people can post their query regarding affordable knee replacement surgery, affordable hip repalcement surgery, knee surgery, medical treatment, hip surgery, medical tourism, total / partial knee replacement, zimmer knee cost, recovery time, cost of surgery, total / partial hip replacement to Dr. Santpure Shivkumar, M.S.(Ortho), Fellowship, Baltimore (USA), Consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon at Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital, Aurangabad in India.
Visit Aurangabad in India, a popular destination for Medical Tourism that is growing in popularity for Total Knee Replacement &Total Hip Replacement. Inclusive of imported material the cost of surgery is less than 1/10th that of in the US.
People from different places in the country and abroad come to Aurangabad to seek advice and treatment from Dr. Santpure Shivkumar, Consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon, at Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital, Aurangabad. Having worked in some of the best centers in USA & India, he has performed over 2000 major surgeries like joint replacements & Ilizarov since 2002, in patients from across the country and overseas. He is one of the few surgeons in India performing total knee, total hip, total shoulder, total elbow and revision joint replacements and Ilizarov surgeries
Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital is one of the largest private hospitals in State of Maharashtra and a pioneering hospital in the field of Joint Replacement surgery in India.
Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital is a reputed multi-specialty hospital, renowned for its excellent medical expertise, nursing care and diagnostic services. The hospital is in tune with the latest technology that promotes the health care and well-being of the patient. There are 5 operating theatres equipped with laminar airflow and the most sophisticated equipment for replacement surgery.
Post operative care involves the use of most sophisticated methods to control pain and hasten recovery, such as epidural pump, sequential compression device and CPM. All these ensure excellent range of motion of the joint and quick return to a normal active pain free life.